U.S. News & World Report recently created a guide that breakdowns the different types of student loan consolidation, how they work and what students should know before considering them. Follow this link to learn more! https://loans.usnews.com/student-loans-consolidation-refinancing
YOUR 5-STEP GUIDE TO paying for college
- complete the FAFSA
- apply for scholarships
- estimate and compare your total college costs (smartfutures.org)
- determine if you need additional money for college (smartfutures.org)
- explore additional college financing options
Find out more online at wellsfargo.com/fivesteps
FREE HELP IS AVAILABLE TO COMPLETE THE FEE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID [FASFA]
To schedule an appointment – contact:
Educational Opportunity Center, Inc.
[U.S. Dept. of Education TRIO Program]
1000 Market Street, Suite 37
Flyers available in guidance office. For more information, visit: www.eocinc.org
FEDERAL STUDENT AID UPDATES
Click on the links below to few the most recent updates for Federal Student Aid from the US Department of Education
New Federal Student Aid Updates 1
New Federal Student Aid Updates 2
FINANCIAL AID TOOLKIT
Financial Aid Tool Kit
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
PA529 COLLEGE SAVINGS PROGRAM Pennsylvania offers 2 great ways to get started: the PA529 Guaranteed Savings Plan and PA529 Investment Plan. Visit www.PA529.com for more info.
- FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.gov is easier than ever.
- At www.studentaid.ed.gov/guide parents will find comprehensive detail about the federal student aid programs.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA is the financial aid application form you will need to apply for federal and state student grants, work-study and loans. File as soon as possible after January 1st.
CSS/PROFILE is the financial aid application service of the College Board. Many private colleges use information collected on the PROFILE to award non-federal aid, such as institutional grants. Check with each college to see if they require the PROFILE in addition to the FAFSA. The PROFILE must be filed online at www.collegeboard.com.
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
See scholarships on this page
Applications for local and school scholarships are typically distributed to all seniors through the mail. There are several scholarships available and all students are invited to apply. Most other scholarship opportunities that come to our attention are placed in the “Scholarship Binder” which is in the Guidance Office and on the scholarships webpage.
Exploring Financial Aid & Scholarships