Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Central Columbia School District. There are several things you need to do before becoming an approved volunteer for the district, as per Board Policy 916. Please follow the steps below to become a volunteer.
1. Contact building principal (or their secretary). (DO NOT contact your student’s teacher or club advisor to be added to the list.)
2. Complete Volunteer Application, apply for required clearances, take Mandated Reporter Training online, and get Tuberculosis Test. (see reverse side for clearance/training information). These are required by state law.
3. Turn in application, required clearances, training certificate, and results from your TB test during one of the volunteer clearance collection days. (Four collection days will be held throughout the year)
4. Have picture taken for badge. (Badge will be created within approximately a week of picture being taken)
5. Pick up badge at school building you received approval to volunteer in.
The district will hold four clearance collection days. These will be the only times to turn in clearances during the year. If you do not get your clearances turned in and approved at one of these four dates you will have to wait until the next turn-in day to complete what is needed to become a volunteer. The clearance collection dates are as follows:
Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5-7pm District Office Board Room
Saturday, November 16, 2019 10am – Noon District Office Board Room
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5-7pm District Office Board Room
Saturday, May 9, 2020 10am – Noon District Office Board Room
If steps 1-4 are not completed, you will not be approved and will not be allowed to volunteer in any of the buildings.
Parent Volunteer Checklist (All are needed to be placed on Approved Volunteer List)
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check. (FREE)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance. (FREE)
- Central Columbia Volunteer Affidavit or Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check.
« Central Columbia Volunteer Affidavit – If you have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years, this form will take the place of the FBI Fingerprinting Clearance. This form can be found on the district website. (FREE)
« FBI Criminal Background Check – If you have not lived in Pennsylvania continuously for the past 10 years, you will need to complete this clearance. You will need to register (use Service Code 1KG6Y3), get your fingerprints taken, and turn in your UEID # so we can view your clearance online. https://uenroll.identogo.com/ ($22.60 Fee)
- Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training.
- Tuberculosis Test Results